I know, I know. It’s just a salad. And in a way, it’s strange to post about it, because it’s just so simple. But this salad is one that anyone can make and one that brings some ‘spice’ to any table. Peppery arugula, salty cheese, warm pine nuts, and the tangy lemon make a little party in your mouth that doesn’t disappoint.
- Pine Nuts
- Pecorino Cheese – shaved (or parmesan)
- Olive Oil
Steps and Notes:
- Toast the pine nuts in a non-stick pan
- No need for olive oil… just cook until nicely golden. Watch them though, they turn quickly.
- Toss the nuts into the arugula.
- Top with shaved pecorino (or parmesan)
- Cut a lemon and squirt 1/4 over the salad
- Make a simple dressing by whisking together the olive oil, the rest of the fresh lemon, salt and pepper