This weekend we joined the masses of young first time home buyers as we embarked on the search for our first home! We’ve been having a blast going to open houses, determining our hopes and dreams and seeing a huge range of homes. It is fun to imagine what we could do with each space, particularly those that need a little TLC (which we seem to be drawn to). While we are far from being naturally handy, we both appreciate rolling up our sleeves up and figuring out new projects. I have no idea where this journey will take us, but I’m looking forward to a spring filled with this new adventure!
This salad is one that I often make as a quick and easy side dish. It’s perfect for using up the end of a bag of brussels sprouts, or if you want to add an extra veggie to the table when guests come over. Enjoy!
- Brussels Sprouts
- Feta Cheese (I just usually just eyeball a few shakes from the tub)
- Grape Tomatoes cut into small pieces (I do 1/4 slices)
Steps and Notes:
- Cut the brussels into ribbons
- I do this by first cutting off the stem, then cutting the sprout into slices in the top to bottom direction. Then, I turn the sprout 90 degrees and cut the sprout in slices again. This creates small ribbons!
- In a saute pan, briefly warm some oil and cook the sprouts for 2-3 minutes on low heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Note: Using high heat will brown the sprouts and make them crispy. The goal is that they are warm and soft.
- Remove the sprouts from the heat and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the feta and tomatoes and mix gently.
Thoughts for Next Time:
- This would also be tasty with some heat, perhaps red pepper flakes or a tiny bit of cayenne
- A bit of avocado would also be nice on top