Apparently I cook with lots of potatoes! Since the blog’s inception, tags have been at the heart of this portfolio for me. On nights without a meal plan I’m now able to open the fridge, pick out some ingredient staples, and click around to see what I’ve previously made. I am slowly building my own personal electronic cookbook… what could be better than that?
This was the first time I made this basic roasted potato recipe, and I am glad to document and save it. It was quick and easy to make and was a simple, yet flavorful side to add to the table. As I did with the bruschetta, I turned to the Neelys for their roasted potato recipe. We served these with a juicy pot roast and so these served as a vehicle for the gravy. Yum!
- 4 medium potatoes – diced
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 3 diced garlic cloves
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons rosemary leaves
- Pinch of red pepper
- Salt and pepper
Steps and Notes:
- Add the following to the olive oil: rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- Let the olive oil mixture sit for 30 minutes to combine
- Place the 3 whole garlic cloves into the baking dish with the potatoes.
- Pour the olive oil over the potatoes and mix well
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees, stirring once. (Remove once they have a slight crisp on the outside)
- I baked mine in my toaster oven!
Thoughts for Next Time:
- Try this with baby red potatoes as the original Neely recipe suggests
- Serve topped with cheese